Friday, April 03, 2009

Whirlwind of a Week

We are officially moved out of Virginia. Spencer is going to be training for the next month in Fallon, NV and San Diego. We'll be meeting up in Hawaii! :)

On Saturday I made my longest solo road trip driving from Va Beach to Atlanta in 9 hours...in the rain. I was proud of myself. Pretty good timing. I'll share a secret with you though. I don't think many people know this. When it's raining, and cars are shooting up the misty water from the road, and it's very hard to see, all you need is one thing:

The ones you already own will probably work, but I got some that were made for driving. It was wonderful. If you know me, you know I am a very paranoid driver in the rain, especially when it's hard to see. But I whipped those on, and was cruising. There were times I would take them off, get scared at what I saw, and couldn't believe I was going so fast. But all my worries went to rest when I had my shades on. Kinda felt like I was in Big Daddy and invisible.

On Monday the movers came to our house to pack it up and ship it out to Hawaii. It is a very weird feeling to know that everything you own is in the hands of someone else for a month and a half. Let's hope it all makes it ok.

I've started back with my tennis team and am loving it. I love the ladies I play with, and I love playing tennis!

I also came home to a crippled dad (today's his birthday!). He tore his hamstring playing tennis. Since he is taking coumadin because of past problems with blood clots, he had a few more complications with this hamstring injury. The blood kept going to his leg, resulting in this:


He had a little scare when the Dr. told him he could lose his leg or lose his life. Luckily neither of those happened. He now has a filter that went through his neck, down through his heart, and is filtering his blood to prevent any other blood clots of making it up to his lungs. His leg is healing quickly, and he was able to still fly out to see his very first grandchild. Dad, we're glad you're ok!

I will be in Georgia for the whole month of April. All you friends in Georgia, give me a call so we can hang out. I will also be available for photo shoots. Let me know!

2 comments:

Megan said...

We will definitely have to get together before you head out for Hawaii.

Carol said...

If you ever need an extra for your tennis team(except this coming week), I'm in!!! Sounds like a girls night is in order too