Friday, May 01, 2009

Stay Classy San Diego


It's 1:57 local time on the west coast. San Diego is alive and well. Currently, I am up in my hotel packing while listening to R.E.M.'s album that typifies the greatest year of my life (1996). I leave for Hawaii in about 3 hours. I can't figure out where it all went wrong. It's as if I went to bed as a poor, clumsy, lost soul. Then I awoke and I have the greatest wife I could ask for, living in paradise and working for a great cause, at least for a service that represents a great cause.

What happened to the days of serving people at Chillis and spilling egg roll sauce on their laps? Or babysitting highschoolers for a great pay check? What happened to the days where I couldn't wake up, drive 5 minutes and dive into the Pacific Ocean?

Life takes funny twists and turns. If you're not up to speed with mine, you may never be. I think I will have some pretty good stories for my children. For what it's worth, I hope all my good friends and family members will some how be able to make it out to see us in the next 2 years. And for my friends that are long lost, you are always welcome too, you just may have to pay for your stay.

The above picture is my friend James and me in Laguna Beach.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

spencer, that is the best post ever.