Monday, January 16, 2012

Herschel Walker Challenge 2012

I'm writing this post for 2 reasons. 1) To make sure this blog doesn't become an Eleanor shrine. 2) I heard that if you make your goals publicly known, you are more likely to actually do them.

Spencer started a Herschel Walker challenge on Facebook. The challenge is this:
  • Herschel Walker maintains a rigorous workout at age 49. He performs 750-1500 pushups a day and 1500-2000 sit-ups a day. Our challenge was his first self-committed challenge when he was 10 years old. He committed to doing 100,000 pushups and sit-ups in a year. He now destroys that original goal. Being that most of us work 50+ hour desk jobs, raise kids, and have other athletic pursuits, we have decided to take the original challenge to heart. All are welcome to join. My friend, Brian and I came up with the challenge.

    The Challenge: 100,000 pushups and 100,000 sit-ups/crunches to be completed in 2012. Challenge can be accomplished in various ways. You can do 273 a day (extra day for leap year!); 1923 once a week, every week; or 100,000 in one day. Good luck with that.

I decided to join. I don't think I'll make it to 100,000, but I am going to work up to that number. So far I've done 1,000 in 15 days, so that's not bad, right? I am doing girl style push ups though. Given that I just had a baby and am literally starting from scratch with my abs, I think I'm excused, right?

If you want to join, go here and request an invite from Spencer.


No comments: