Sunday, November 17, 2013

On Her 2nd Birthday...























I wanted to do something special with just the 3 of us for her birthday this year. I didn't feel like planning a party, so instead I made reservations at Disney's Aulani. They have a character breakfast buffet that I thought Eleanor would love. She enjoys Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, so I assumed it'd be a hit. I was wrong. She was terrified.

When you first walk up, you get some one on one time with Mickey. She was extremely hesitant to get close. She didn't want to give high fives or hugs or anything. It got worse from there.

We sat down for breakfast, and Goofy and Minnie were making their rounds from table to table. When Goofy approached, I picked her up to get a little closer. She started screaming "No, No, No, No, No!!!" in a very pathetically sad voice(see above video).

She ended up liking seeing the characters from far away, and even waving to them, but wanted nothing to do with them when they were within 10 feet of her. She marched in Minnie's parade, and did the birthday hula. She clapped her hands to the music, and waved her napkin in the air. So, I guess it wasn't as big of a failure as it could have been. She was very happy to say goodbye to everyone at the end!

She decided to forego her nap for the day(I think first time ever). Maybe she was scarred from the morning's experience. Maybe she knew it was her birthday and was too excited. Who knows. So we painted pumpkins instead.

Once Spencer got home from work we had dinner and opened presents. I had taken her shopping with me earlier to see what interested her. She had spotted this dog walking Barbie that she didn't want to let go of. I bought it, then hid it until her birthday. When she opened it, she started saying "Wow, wow, wow!!" It was the exact response I was hoping for! It is so fun that she is starting to understand this world and emotions. So so fun.

This little girl of ours is such a gift. So happy to have her in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you do this so we can share her growing up!