Saturday, April 18, 2015

All About Audrey - 1 year old

Triplet C (Audrey) delivered in cephalic presentation, transferred to warmer with transformer pad in place in vigorous condition. Good tone and respiratory effort with fair color and HR>100. Several short pauses in breathing requiring continued stimulations but otherwise good respiratory effort. At 4MOL infant developed deep subcostal retractions and nasal flaring. CPAP 5 at 40%FiO2 initiated with pulse ox placed and sats of 78%. Retractions proved with CPAP and FiO2 titrated down to 21% for saturation of 95%. OG tube placed with copious clear amniotic fluid returned. Infant intermittently with desats to mid 80's requiring oropharyngeal suctioning and FiO2 titration. Transported to NICU at approx 25 min of life on CPAP5 at 25%FiO2.

APGAR Scores
1 Minute:  HR:2  Resp:1  Tone:1  Reflex:2  Color:1     Total: 7
5 Minutes: HR:2  Resp:2  Tone:1  Reflex:2  Color:1     Total: 8

Audrey Girl. Sweet, sweet girl.

I have a feeling Audrey is the dark horse. Watch out for this one.

From the beginning she has seemed that she was somewhat behind. She had a hard time learning to breastfeed, she was the smallest at birth, she had the most adverse events in the NICU. Then once we got her home, she was usually last to reach milestones. I was never worried, because she wasn't behind on her adjusted age timeline, but of course I can't help but compare her to her brothers. 

Well, Audrey is one of those girls who sits back, watches, then takes off and passes everyone. I won't be surprised if she's the first to walk. She is sneaky and scrappy. And I love it!

While in the NICU, the nurses would tell me that when she didn't like something(usually taking baths and dirty diapers), she would let everyone know. The first time I heard that high pitched scream, I knew what they were talking about. She could scream at a higher pitch than I've ever heard. It made me laugh every single time I heard it. 

She was so fragile. Her little legs were so skinny and wrinkly. 

Now at 1, her eyes are finally proportional to her head. But in the beginning, it seemed like her eyes took up half her face. They are so big and beautiful!

She is a pacifier girl. She loves her pacifier as well as any other pacifier she can get her hands on. She started putting her own in her mouth at 5 months. She takes any chance she can to steal her brothers' pacifiers as they are sitting next to her, or even crawling past her. She is quick with her hands. 

She has long skinny fingers(she got those from me). She has always been great at picking up food. Her fine motor skills have always been on point.

She used to be really smiley, then she got to be more chill. And now, when she does laugh, it's like a rare, hidden gem. It makes it that much better knowing it doesn't happen all too often. 

She is content sitting in my lap and watching tv. It's nice to have one who doesn't have to be moving all the time.

When she first started solids, if she didn't like the food, she would raspberry it out of her mouth until it was all gone. There was one time I gave her avocado, and she just left her mouth wide open, refusing to close it until I got it out. She held it open for at least a minute! It was pretty funny. 

When she finally started scooting, she could only go backwards. For a long, long time. 

This girl is scrappy. She gets what she wants. I sit back and watch her interact with her brothers. If they have a toy she wants, she goes in, finds a way to grab the toy, snatches it, then either fends off the others as they try to get it back, or crawls away with it as fast as she can. It's pretty impressive. The boys will usually cry/whine if something gets taken from them, but if someone takes something from her(which hardly ever happens with her kung fu grip), she fights back for it until she gets it. Proud mom right here.

She'd rather feed herself than be fed.

When she hugs you, she'll say "ahhhhhh".

She had the best stretches as a baby. She stretched from fingertip to toes. I looked forward to it every time I got her from her crib.

She loves baby dolls. 

She loves blankets. I will put her in her crib, and she'll immediately grab her blanket and wrap herself up in it. Most of the time she gets it around her shoulders.

The girl knows how to eat carbs! She loves anything bread. 

I think she has a silly side to her. It's just starting to show, but my bet is that she'll have a good sense of humor.

She was first to get teeth. She has 6 right now - still in the lead.

She says "mama", and signs "all done". 

I've got so much love for this girl. I can't even express how I happy I was when we found out that Baby C was a girl. Evening out the genders perfectly. She is the perfect little balance to our trio.