Sunday, February 19, 2012

28th Birthday and Valentine's Day

I really love my birthday. I love that after a day of receiving so much love, I can give it right back the next day. 

This year I didn't want much. It's amazing how having a kid makes me feel so satisfied with life. She's all I need. 

We went to lunch on my birthday to a local curry place. Then watched Spencer's basketball game. Spencer must've done something right, because his daughter already loves to watch basketball. Both on tv and in person. 

For Valentine's Day we went to a Japanese place. Delicious. And thanks to the sling, Eleanor slept right through it. 

So here I am at 28, getting closer and closer to 30. Pretty crazy, but I don't think I've ever been happier in life. Really. I live in Hawaii, married to a pretty great guy, am a mother to an amazing little girl, I have a job that is perfect for me and my situation....I could go on and on. So much to be grateful for.



Are you wondering what happened to this beautiful cake? Ok, I'll tell you. A girl at church made this for me (and 11 other young women to catch up on birthdays). Spencer saw it in between classes, and his friend dared him to take a bite out of mine. So he did. And this is how it was presented to me. The poor girl who made it had no idea what happened. And if you are wondering, my husband is 33 years old. 


I told him he ruined my birthday cake, so he went out and got me another. 



She literally couldn't take her eyes off the cake. Spencer wanted to give her a taste so badly.


I am the queen of homemade cards.





Red velvet cake with cream cheese filling and white chocolate ice cream. Yeah. It was heaven.


 

No comments: