Monday, February 04, 2013

These Days

These days I have found myself in some pretty hilarious moments. Two of them in particular:

The first one came in the middle of the night. Spencer had gone to sleep earlier than me, so when I crawled into bed, I tried to do it quietly so as not to wake him up. I noticed his hand was hanging out on my side of the bed, so I touched it gently so he'd move it. That didn't work, so I just picked it up and moved it myself. He still didn't budge(little did I know he had taken a Tylenol PM that night). I got myself comfortable, and felt that his hand was still on my side, and touching my arm. I honestly can't think of a night in our marriage where we have been touching while asleep, so I figured I'd just leave it there(Spencer is a no touching when it's time to sleep kind of guy). Anyways, moments after I dozed off, Spencer bolted up and said something. I was confused and asked him what was going on. He said, "Get up! Get up! Get up! Get up!". So I got up, and asked him why. He replied, "ANTS!". I kind of laughed in disbelief, but got my phone to illuminate our sheets. No ants. I didn't think there would be. He looked at me with the funniest face, kind of like 'what was I thinking then!?'. I then explained that his hand was touching my arm, and perhaps he felt me move, and he thought it was ants(when looking for those ants, he went right to where we were touching). I literally couldn't go back to sleep for a long time because I was laughing so hard. The next morning came around, and I had to tell the whole story all over again because he couldn't remember a thing.

The second moment is one I would pay $100 if I could go back and get it on video. Eleanor and I were in her room, getting her ready for bed. I went to sit in our chair to read her some books. She apparently wasn't ready to go to sleep, and started walking off. As I sat in the chair, she stared me down as she slowly started walking towards the door. It is a very specific look she gives when she is challenging us. She maintained eye contact, until she got closer to her way out. Then, instead of turning her whole head to make sure she didn't run in to anything, she quickly glanced with only her eyes, then reverted back to the stare down. Words don't do it justice. I started busting out laughing immediately. Where does she learn this? If there is a way to look up life videos once we're in heaven, I'll be pulling this one out of the archives and watching it again.

No comments: