Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Eleanor's Easter

































That's a lot of Easter pictures, but like I said before, I have selection issues.

These holidays are getting more and more fun the older Eleanor gets. Both for her as well as Spencer and me. When I told Spencer I was going to hide eggs in the backyard for her, he kind of rolled his eyes and told me he didn't think she'd get it. Once we took her out and explained/showed her what to do, she couldn't be stopped. She practically ran to every egg, then threw it in her basket and went off to find the next one. Once she was done, I asked her if she wanted to do it again, to which she replied by nodding her head. Then we repeated all of that FOUR times.

Easter morning was fun as well. Amazing how different things are since last Easter. A lot of things that were supposed to go in her basket ended up being used ahead of time. Like some books and a dvd. The main gift was a cute little purse with a cell phone, wallet, lipstick, etc. She loved the phone and talked and laughed on it for a long time. Her eggs were stuffed with blueberries, grapes, and goldfish. Yeah, yeah, you can make fun of me and call me 'that mom', but those are her favorite things! And she stuffed her hands inside those eggs until she got every last one and stuffed them all in her mouth at the same time. She had one jackpot of an egg filled with mini cadburry eggs, but she mostly just played with those - didn't even eat them.

The only reason I bought her Easter dress was because I love this color on her. I've always liked this color on her since she was born. I don't know if the necklace was hers or Spencer's idea, but she wore it the whole three hours of church - and more.

Our family picture was taken AFTER church, which means clothes were wrinkled, makeup worn off, hair flat, and faces messy(ok, I think Eleanor was the only one with a messy face).

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Sunday and spent time with those you love. Every Easter I can't help but think of my trip to Israel and seeing the empty tomb for myself. It was one of the most powerful experiences of my life. Jesus lives, and He loves us all. Happy Easter.

2 comments:

mom said...

Thanks for sharing the great pictures! You can never have too many!

Tam Tam said...

Yeah little kids are so intelligent. They know what's up. That's why you gotta be careful what you say!

Love that color dress also! What a nice Easter you had. Maybe I'm that type of mom too but there wasn't any candy in my kids' eggs either. money, toys, erasers, note. The only candy they got for Easter was at church!