Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Thanksgiving in the South

We made the long trek across the Pacific and even across the country to visit home for Thanksgiving. We spent the first half in Georgia with Spencer's family, and the second half with mine. The colder weather was nice for about 3 days, and then I was over it! I had to go buy a new coat and Eleanor some new boots during our time there because we weren't prepared enough.

While in Georgia, we took Eleanor to the aquarium. Let's just say that it rocked her world. She was in heaven. Every fish was a Nemo or Dori, and throughout the day she'd be staring at the fish and saying "Wow!". It was a fun day for Spencer and I to just watch her be a kid. She got more compliments on her outfit that day than I think I've gotten in my entire life. That's what a cute hat can do for you, folks.

Time with Spencer's family was fun, as always. There are so many nieces and nephews now, that it becomes kind of a wild house when everyone is together. But wild in the best way possible! We attended the annual extended family Thanksgiving dinner. Delicious. Surprised Gary with a cake for his 60th birthday. Happy Birthday, Old Man!

We also made sure a sushi party happened with our Atlanta friends. Always a good time with them.

I didn't take too many candid/fun photos because I had a long list of people who wanted their family pictures taken, and I wanted to save my memory card space. It's ok by me, I love taking pictures for family and friends.

We made our way to Alabama to see my family and their new house. It is in the process of being renovated, which made for an interesting stay. I think at one point there were 21 people staying there, and only the basement is really livable. Some unfortunate people had to stay up the unfinished rooms. Thanks to everyone for letting my little family have a real room! Our time in Alabama was really chill. We don't know anyone in Alabama outside of our family, so we spent a lot of time watching sports, shopping, and even getting out for a sibling group date to a movie.

We got to see all of Spencer's siblings as well as all of mine. It was such a wonderful trip to spend quality time with our families.

Unfortunately Eleanor got sick while we were there and was completely not herself. She was grumpy, grumpy, grumpy. It was colder weather than she's ever experienced, and she was surrounded by all new people. So not only was she sick, she was overwhelmed. She ended up puking 3 times on the plane ride home. Poor girl just couldn't catch a break. 






































2 comments:

Brooke Hochstein said...

I love the picture of you and Eleanor looking up in the Aquarium. And I was laughing out loud at the leaves photos.

Unknown said...

i want the picture of my cousins. spencer's face is perfect!!!