Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Triplet Genders Revealed!

Today was a good day. Today was my big ultrasound to measure their growth and make sure they are developing as they should. For singleton pregnancies, this ultrasound usually takes 45 min- 1 hour. My doctors kept telling me to prepare for this to take 3 hours! I guess one hour per babe. Luckily my sonographer was amazing, and all the babies cooperated for her. Seriously, seeing these babies on the screen is incredible. It really is a miracle that my body can support all three babies. Today, I was dang proud of my body.

As a little background, I had a growth scan at 16 weeks as well, and they told me their guesses for the genders, but weren't 100% sure about Baby C. Today, they were confirmed. Also, at the 16 week u/s, they discovered that Baby A had a marginal umbilical insertion, meaning the umbilical cord is actually attached to the edge of the placenta instead of the center. It could cause growth restriction, but it could also be irrelevant. They also found that Baby C's placenta is bi lobed, meaning it's kind of separated in two pieces, but still attached. This is also something that could be risky for growth restriction, or irrelevant. They could only monitor it.

So, today, we got good news. Baby C's placenta looked better, and not as worrisome as before. Baby A still has the marginal insertion(I don't think it's possible that it can get better), but Baby A is actually measuring biggest of the 3!

In other good news, my doctor told me he'd give me a temporary handicap parking pass. Boo ya.

Ok, before the genders, as a round up, all the babies look great. Today, I am exactly 19 weeks. Baby A is measuring 19 wk 3 days and 11 oz. Baby B measuring 19 wk 2 days and 10 oz, and Baby C measuring exactly 19 weeks and 10 oz. My fluid levels are great, and my cervix is a whopping 5 cm, and closed(very good news!). 


I've gained a total of 26 lbs. Holy cow, that's a lot, but I am proud of myself for it! With triplets, the most important time to gain weight is in the beginning, so I am really happy with that number. There is evidence that with a hefty weight gain in the beginning, the babies have a longer gestation and are born at higher birth weights. So if gaining weight is what I need to do, I'm going to do it. I've been really trying to up my protein intake. It'd be so much easier to gain it off of cupcakes and doughnuts, but I don't think that's the best way to do it. Lots of protein and whole grains, veggies, etc. A high caloric intake is key. And lots of water. Before I was pregnant, I was lactose intolerant, but by a small little miracle, since I've been pregnant, my body has been able to tolerate dairy! I am LOVING it! I eat cheese and ice cream on the regular. I'll be sad when those days are over.

One last thought. After 24 weeks, babies can be born and have a chance at survival. For me, 24 weeks is next month. The day before my birthday. That is NUTS. I could have babies NEXT MONTH. I told Spencer that the other day and he kind of freaked out a little. Reality check! Whew! I haven't done one single thing or collected one item for these babies. I've had a lot of people ask if I'm registered anywhere, and to be honest, I feel a little silly posting this on here, but if you've made it this far in my blog, then you're probably someone who cares. Anyways, I've been making lists on Amazon of things I'll be needing in Hawaii. And I think I'll do another one under Spencer's name of things we'll need in Alabama. This takes some serious organization! Here is my list of things for Hawaii. In all honesty, I am wide open to hand me downs and Craigslist buys if they are in good condition. So let me know if you find a good deal elsewhere! This list is a work in progress that I'm sure will be changing often. I'm trying to do research on what's really necessary for multiples. Trying to keep things at a minimum here. If you have any experience or advice on baby products you couldn't live without, I would love to hear from you!

Ok, now for the exciting news! Instead of showing off all the private parts, I'll just include the latest profile pic.


BABY A = BOY


BABY B = BOY


BABY C = GIRL




We literally could not be more thrilled. This was my ideal situation. Now we will be perfectly evened out with 2 girls and 2 boys. 

It is so funny seeing them on screen. There are arms and legs everywhere. This picture was my favorite. If you look closely, you'll see that Baby C is resting her leg on Baby B's head. Or maybe kicking. I've seen them kicking each other plenty of times.





And a few more from today:

All 3 babies:


Baby B's hand:









7 comments:

Tam Tam said...

AWWWWWWWW! That is so awesome Stacy! So excited for you!

Price Family said...

Oh made me teary eye!! Love y'all and so excited for you. Now, cook those babies as long as possible.

Anonymous said...

This is Dad- fantastic pics- we are so excited for you.

Erin said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I can't help but smile when reading your posts. Your happiness and positivity is contagious. Can't wait to see what your future looks like!

Kimberli said...

YAY!!! What great news! Glad they are growing well. Sending aloha your way...

Baby Ruth said...

Omigoodness!!!! Love the genders!!! So happy you are so well and babies are so well! Horray!!! OK...so obviously I don't have triplets, but after having 4 babies I've come to realize there's only 3 necessary items I really needed:
1. Diapers
2. Diapers
3. Diapers
Oh yah...and a good jogging stroller...:) everything else is nonessential...lol

Petty Party Page said...

total miracle!! can't believe what amazing news this is...sending good vibes your way for a happy pregnancy and healthy babies!