Wednesday, March 19, 2014

29 Weeks

29 weeks

Today marks 3 weeks of being in the hospital, and it seems that this whole bed rest thing is actually working out really well for the babies.

I just had a growth scan today and got an idea of how big the babies are. If these things are accurate, I've got big babies! Here are the results:

Let's talk about me first. I've gained 57lbs! Holy cow, wasn't expecting that much, but I'm ok with it. 

Now for the babies:

Baby A: 3 lb 15 oz - measuring 31weeks 5 days. He's the biggest of the 3, and by a long shot. I was so happy with these results. That's almost 3 weeks ahead of schedule! 

Baby B: 3 lb 3 oz - measuring 30 weeks 0 days. 

Baby C: 3 lb 5 oz - measuring 29 weeks 5 days. 

Now looking at my 57lb weight gain, it makes sense. I've got over 10lb of baby, plus 3 placentas, and massive amounts of fluid in each sac. 

All of them are measuring ahead of schedule. A and B did take their time to show us their practice breathing, but eventually they came through. 

There is another triplet mom that is 2 doors down from me that I've become friends with. Her due date was exactly 1 week ahead of mine. She just delivered her babies this past Monday, which was another reality check for me. These babies could come any day now, but we are still hoping they hold off for another few weeks. 

I still have contractions every day, which is still frustrating, but it hasn't been regular enough to think pre term labor is a concern. I haven't had my cervix checked since I've been admitted -and I'm ok with that too. I don't think I could do anything any differently if it were shorter or even if I were dilated. In fact, if I did find out I was already dilated, I'm pretty sure I would start worrying about it, and worrying would only cause more contractions.

I still haven't gotten the feeling of being totally bored here. I started watching Scandal, and got caught up to the current episode. I have visitors almost every day - Spencer, Eleanor, and Gary come at least every other day. I had one minor breakdown after Eleanor had spent the day with me, and she was so sad and emotional the whole time. It broke my heart thinking of her being sad without me being home. She's getting used to the set up now, and can spot "mama's doctor" from the highway. I save her my cups of peaches and Capri Suns from my meals, because that's what she goes for first thing. 

I appreciate everyone's support that keeps pouring in. I really can't say that enough!


4 comments:

Patti said...

I am so excited for you! You know, Julie and Patrick we're both early. Julie was 32 weeks, Patrick 34. Fortunately, both were very healthy. You will do well and have so much fun with those babies! (In spite of the lack of sleep and exhaustion) It is only for a short while! Best of luck to the three of you!!!

Cathy said...

Stacy I have been keeping up with your blog since I first heard of the triplets. You are an inspiration to me and I'm so very proud of you. You are truly one of Heavenly Father's very special daughters - so concerned about these precious babies and what is best for them. They are so lucky and blessed to have a mother like you who truly, truly loves them and is willing to go the distance.

Maureen Chatham said...

Love your blog Stacy and so happy the babies are growing and staying healthy.

Apes Tec said...

You and family ARE awesome. God bless and blessings on its way.